332 BLEECKER STREET, STE K35, NEW YORK, NY 10014
(212) 966 5790
Peter’s sculptures show a unique balance between nature and architectural materials. With a background as a master restorer of architectural preservation in the tri-state area, he applies his many skills to manipulating large trees, boulders and steel into something that is obviously man made but still has a strong connection with the earth.
- Synthesis & Senses, The Pomona Cultural Center, NY (2/4/18 - 3/18/18)
- Observations and Variations, Blue Hill Art and Cultural Center, Pearl River, NY 10965 (11/18/17 - 4/6/18)
- Hopper House Group Show, 82 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 (2016-2018)
- Hopper House Outdoor Special Selection, 82 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 (5/1 - 8/31/17)
- Garners Art Center, 55 W. Railroad Ave., Garnerville, NY 10994 (5/17 - 8/17)
- Hopper House Group Show, 82 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 (1/21/17 - 2/26/17)
- Members Exhibit, Rockland Center for the Arts, West Nyack NY (2015 - 2017)
- Garrison Art Center, 23 Garrison’s Landing, PO Box 4, Garrison NY (12/10/16 - 1/8/17)
- Song of Light, Blue Hill Art and Cultural Center, Pearl River, NY 10965 (4/18/16 - 11/4/16)
- Ode to Earth, Blue Hill Art and Cultural Center, Pearl River, NY 10965 (12/1/15 - 3/31/16)
- Revealing Common Ground, Blue Hill Art and Cultural Center, Pearl River, NY 10965 (12/1/15 - 3/31/16)
- The Catharine Konner Sculpture Park, Rockland Center for the Arts, West Nyack NY (2015 - 2018)
- BFA Pratt Institute 1975, Sheffield Polytechnic, Sheffield, UK, junior year abroad studying Sculpture
- 1990-2011 CEO of Strasser & Associates, Inc., an architectural restoration company specializing in the highest quality craftsmanship for private residents throughout Manhattan.
Completed many major restorations at the Dakota Apartments, 998 Fifth Ave, (A Stanford White Building) and numerous private townhouses on the upper east and west side of Manhattan.
- 1984- 1990 President of Traditional Line Ltd, a firm specializing in museum quality craftsmanship in the preservation of period rooms and architectural elements.
- 1978-1984 Master Wood Restorer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the American Decorative Art Wing, restoring and Installing all phases of period rooms and architectural elements, including:
- Louis Sullivan Staircase
- Tiffany Landscape Window
- Frank Lloyd Wright Room
- Rococo Room
- Vanderbilt Fireplace
- Shaker Room
- Greek Revival Room
- 1976-1977 Assistant Director of the Polk Public Art Museum in Lakeland, Florida.
- 1990-1992 Historic Society of Rockland County, Preservation Merit Award for disassembling, moving and reassembling a circa 1840 three storied, hand hewn, timber frame barn and relocating it on my property as a sculpture studio. Preserving the stone foundation through to the cupola on top of the entire original structure and then repurposing the barn.
- Back Cover of Fine Homebuilding, #30 Dec. 1985-Jan. 1986
NY Times Magazine Part 2/ Oct. 18, 1987, (Home Design, Who’s Next, New Talents, New Ideas.)